For the last few years, there has been this really fascinating trend every New Year. Instead of making a long list of New Year’s Resolutions that will most likely get thrown to the wayside by Valentine’s day, people have been choosing one word to focus on through the upcoming year.
Last year, my word was “Balance”. My goal was to find a greater balance between my work, business, and family. I wanted to ensure that each part of my life was given the proper amount of attention without ignoring or sacrificing the other parts. I feel like 2017 was a year of challenge for me. I was extremely blessed with some amazing experiences, but I was also tested with some extraordinary challenges. I grew as a result of the challenges I faced, and I have a renewed sense of humility and desire to grow.
This year, my word will be PEACE. My goal is to find peace with my life.
- Peace with my relationships – if the peace isn’t already there, I will search ways to introduce peace.
- I will strive to be a Peace maker
- I will find Peace with what I already have – without looking at what I don’t
- Peace from comparison – I won’t compare my journey to any one else’s
- Peace from depression and anxiety – I will make my mental health a priority, knowing that if I’m a better version of myself, I can offer a better version to everyone around me.
- I will find peace with the success I am having with my business and not compare my journey of success or failure to anyone else’s.
Tell me, what do you do for New Year’s? Resolutions? One word? Do you forgo a New Year’s start? Let me know!